Beam Engine Steam Pipes, variation number 3
The inlet steam pipe was moving a little, being pulled by the governor lever, so I made a new inlet pipe, running it along the base, and silver soldered a bracket to the base to support it. It is more rigid, and I think that it looks better too. The Nitto air line fitting in the foreground, is a custom made fitting, to join the 0.25″ steam pipe to the air compressor line. It was made on the Boxford CNC lathe.
WordPress is a very unfriendly site. I don’t like it at all.
Beam engine is looking very good. Now all you need is to use it to drive something!
Hi Peter, I am surprised that you find the site is unfriendly. I wonder how you are logging in. You should just be going to johnsmachines.com If you are going to any address which includes “wordpress” you are unnecessarily complicating the process. WordPress has a reputation as being the RollsRoyce of blog hosting sites. I am gradually finding my way through the blogging process, and it has quite a learning curve, but just looking at the blogs should be easy and quick.
I doubt that the engine will be put to purposeful work. I think that it is just to be enjoyed as it is.
ps Note that I have removed all of your identifiers except your name. I hope that is OK.