I am in the process of collecting all of the components for the conversion. Parcels are arriving from South Korea, Taiwan, China, USA and Australia. Next post I will take a photo of the bits, before I commence assembly. I have spent a lot of hours on the computer drawing up the positioning of the new components, deciding which components to get, then communicating with the sellers and making the purchases. Not to mention hanging around home when parcels are due. If I duck out for 10 minutes, that’s when the delivery van arrives. And of course he leaves his little card “sorry we missed you”.
This post I will show you some of the drawings of the proposed conversion. Of course the first step is to strip the lathe of all of the old manual controls, gears, motor, Digital read out, carriage apron, lead and cross slide screw, electric control box and contents. (taking photos of every component insitu in case of a change of mind, and restoration required later).
Then measuring the bed and carriage in minute and accurate detail, and drawing it in CAD.
Many drawing versions are required, and as the components arrive, I find myself making changes. This is definitely not the final version. The two carriages show the carriage in its extreme positions on the lathe bed.