It was a bit too warm for casting bronze today. 33ºc/91.4f. But I went ahead. It was sweaty.
I had installed a new thermocouple in the potters oven and it performed flawlessly. Fumes from burning out the PLA and wax from the mold had caused the older thermocouple to behave erratically, but the new stainless steel type was unaffected.
And, as I displayed yesterday, I had made a very ambitious tree with 32 parts to be cast, and a second tree with 2 largish parts.
No vents. No vacuuming of the melt. Just a straight pour.
So, a very successful pour. Some careful hand sawing required to cut off the parts.