The oiler on my 3″ Fowler compound traction engine was working only intermittently. I bought a new Foster Lincoln oiler, and today installed it.
The old oiler flange which attaches to the engine, was flexing, so I made a new one from 3mm stainless steel plate. That will not flex.
The oiler is powered off the high pressure cylinder valve rod. Different geometry was required. I could have modified the original valve rod clamp and arm, but just in case I wanted to revert to the old configuration I made a new clamp and arm.
It all fitted nicely and the ratchet wheel clicked over as required when the engine was turned over. So I completed the installation by silver soldering an oil delivery pipe to the valve chest.