No workshop posts for a while because I have been making parts for the internals of the engine, and when installed they are not very photogenic.
Since the last post I have made the piston, piston rod and installed soft packing to seal the piston, made the valves and valve handles..
Also made the throttle valve and steam direction valve.
And after all of that, and also making the throttle valve, I discovered a mistake in the plans. A 1mm discrepancy, which I suspect was an arithmetic mistake on the part of the plan maker. I decided to modify the valves, bush and valve block rather than remake the valves.