First day of summer in southern Australia today. And it was very warm and windy. Keeping my eyes open for snakes, but none seen.
I was pondering how to attach the crankwebs to the flywheel. I had decided that I would not silver solder them together, because the heat would likely distort the thin flywheel. And pressing them was not feasible because I had machined them to a sliding fit. Whatever method was used, I wanted it to be reversible i.e. future disassembly possible. So, in the end, I used small brass screws which will not be visible when the engine is painted.
I made 2 more U shaped bearing retainers to fit on the ends of the connecting rods (same as shown in last post).
Then made 2 shafts which will be attached to the cross head bar, to join to the con rods. These are made from silver steel.