The videos which I have been adding to these posts recently have been gobbling up my WordPress storage space, and there is less than 10% of my 13Gb allocation remaining. Before it runs out altogether my options are:
- Upgrade my payment plan to a business plan. 230% more expensive.
- Delete the older video files. These would no longer be visible. The rest of the blog would be visible (text and photographs). Shoot future videos at a lower resolution.
- Monetise the site. There would be advertisements, over which I would have no control.
- Ask for reader contributions. No, that is not an option. I will not be going there.
- Put all future videos onto YouTube. There would be a link from the johnsmachines.com post to YouTube for each video.
None of these options are appealing. Wordpress does not offer an option of simply increasing storage space at a lower cost than migrating to the Business Plan. This is not a business for me. It is just a bit of fun. And a portal for communicating with other model engineers. And a diary.
For the moment, I will carry on, but will probably delete some of the previous videos, and shoot future videos at a lower resolution, to hang on as long as possible. Option 5 would look like this…….(an old video, you have probably seen it. Just as an example of a YouTube link. You will need to be subscribed to YouTube to see it. It’s free.)
I need some feedback on this.
The rather noisy popping sound is coming from Stuart Tankard’s IC “Farm Boy” engine. The beam engine is almost silent.