And then got better….
When my workshop activities mainly involved woodworking, I realised that concealing mistakes was a major skill of the craft.
As an amateur metalworker/model maker, the same principle applies.
So, today, I took a long hard look at yesterday’s disaster. (and apologies for my bad mood, and worse language. Actually, I toned down the language for the post.)
And what I did is as follows….. first, a bit of amateur blacksmithing to bend the bent brake drum roughly back into shape. Then….
Still some work to be done on the reverse face, but it is looking useable.
This time I wrote my own CNC gear cutting program. And it worked perfectly. And I used the same program to cut another gear.