Actually, I had some spare space on the tree which I used to make some more small gears, and I had some PLA T. Rex’s, so I added one.
And this was the cast result, in bronze. Yet to be cleaned up, tree bits ground off, and polished..
And the gears have a short length of shaft, printed in PLA and cast in bronze, which I will be able to hold in a chuck for tidying and turning. Lesson learned. Think ahead, how the cast part will be machined….
And at our society Zoom meeting, Frank M asked about the colour of burning Borax. I could not remember, so took a shot today…
Oh. And I had a brainwave. When degassing the investment mix with negative pressure, add some vibration. I tried applying my sanding machine once, and filled the room with old fine sawdust. But for this session, I placed the vacuum pump on the vacuum chamber, and could hardly believe the volume of air which came out of the mix. The best degassing to date.