SS Valve Rods
Making the new valve rods, as predicted, took me an entire day. They required a high degree of precision, and being in stainless steel, not an easy material to machine, and quite thin and delicate, multiple stages in the machining.
But before I started on the valve rods I made myself a new spanner for the collet chuck on the CNC lathe. I had been using an adjusting spanner, which was continually going out of adjustment and causing angst. The tool merchants did not have anything suitable (46mm opening, and thin profile), so I made my own.
So then I got on with the new valve rods. Some end of day photos follow.
And thank you to those readers who responded to my whinge about likes and comments. I will continue this blog until the triple expansion steam engine is finished, and hopefully running. Not sure after that.