Model Armstrong Cannon. Assembling the bits. And a riveting improvement.
After 4 -6 weeks of making castings, and remaking them, and remaking them again, I have finally started drilling holes and bolting pieces together, in preparation for final riveting.
Using my new riveting gun, I inserted a lot more rivets on the “A” chassis…and I used a technique suggested by one of my readers…bearing in mind that my first riveting efforts marred the surface of the parent metal, and were generally rather irregular rather than neat.
And the technique was this….
Each rivet head is centered over the anvil, and the pneumatic gun is used with the snap on the other end. The tape stops the rivets from falling out, and also protects the parent metal from the snaps. I experienced virtually no parent metal bruising. And was VERY fast. A major improvement. Many thanks Timothy G!
Glad it went so well John. It’s really taking shape.